Friday, August 28, 2009

Silverton Hotel.....WAY outback !


We have many old, and to my eye.... beautiful hotels......this is one of them. What a great picture !
I haven't visited this area of Australia and am told by many that I should . Many years ago I visited friends who had moved from the U.S. to a town called Narromine which was on the edge of nowhere....enough for me....at least by road. Flying low in a small plane or better still a helicopter is how I would like to view some of the very different places in the interior of Australia that I'm told are fantastic. The 'Bucket List' is quite long ! Bank balance is ....don't ask !!!!! We always end up going way over our budget when we take a trip somewhere.
The weather has cooled down.....going right back up tomorrow.
I played bowls yesterday as a fill in for a guy who couldn't make it to play with two other men who make up a self select threesome. A different experience....the 'skip' or captain of this team was a pain in the butt !
I'm past putting up with people who act as tho a competitive game at the amature level is a life or death deal. My manners remained intact, but this particular person did get the picture after awhile ! Tomorrow I play again as part of a 'club select' threesome team. Much more laid back.
Perry has the cast taken off his foot next Wednesday. So far he hasn't had any pain with it.
He gets around very well in the house, but uses a crutch when we are out and about. Not much longer!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: